.New Delhi:“Redevelopment and maintenance of Hanuman Vatika at Hanuman Mandir, mechanized sweeping of Connaught Place Corridors, prominent markets and business hub areas, regaining of status and reputation of Navyug Schools, separate engineering cells for improvement of school infrastructure, skill development of existing teachers in regard to new education policy, committee to new initiative and ideas on sports activity development , Subarhmanium Bharti and Baba Kharak Singh Memorial beautification, cleanliness and upgradation of Public Toilets, speed up case of 15 lakh for deceased employee’s family, Valmiki Basti upgradation with ultra modern facilities, Palika Bazaar and Mohan Singh Palace Project on priority, grievances redressal of the employee unions, Market Trader Association and Resident Welfare Association are the main agenda for the coming month.”
These are the proposals announced by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) Vice-Chairperson, Shri Satish Upadhyay, NDMC Members Shri Kuljeet Singh Chahal and Shri Girish Sachdeva while addressing a joint Press Conference today.
Explaining the detail of proposals, Shri Upadhyay said that
1. Redevelopment and Maintenance of Hanuman Vatika is an important concern of the devotees who visit every week there. The aesthetic look and religious dignity area development is an issue for making this place a prominent religious place in New Delhi.
2. Mechanized sweeping without dust and dirt in the air to reduce the pollution is a need of hour in the Connaught Place and other prominent markets as well as a business hub in the New Delhi area is proposed for the well-being of visitors of the markets.
3. In view of the New Education Policy, training of the teachers is proposed to fill the gap from engineering, architecture and art college students by giving 3 month internships in schools. This will be beneficial for both students and interns and it is also proposed that a certification of the work will be awarded to the interns.
4. Construction and beautification of Subramanium Bharti, Baba Khadak Singh and Saragarhi Memorials in New Delhi area is proposed.
5. Up-gradation and Cleanliness of the Public Toilet Utility in New Delhi area is proposed in regard to Swachh Bharat Mission and Swachh Survekshan 2022.
6. NDMC has granted Rs. 15 Lakh to each deceased employee of NDMC due to Covid 19 pandemic. Benefit has been granted to 24 number of employees till date. Cases of 12 number of employees are still in progress and speedy disbursement of relief amount has been directed.
7. Palika Bazaar and Mohan Singh Palace market area revamping is proposed with consultation of the respective market traders association.
8. Readdressal of grievances of employees union, market trader association and resident welfare association is on top priority.
9. There are five NDMC housing complexes of Type-I & II quarters where mostly Safai Karamcharis of NDMC live. Directions have been issued for providing modern kitchens, WC in toilets and façade upgradation as per the Council decision.
In the Press Conference, NDMC Member Shri Kuljeet Singh Chahal discussed the new programs on the Education, Health and Infrastructure Projects in New Delhi area. He also said that NDMC will be the New Council of New India (NAYE BHARAT KI NAYI COUNCIL) will be reflect as soon. He explained the details of programs as following:
1. Proposed Construction of Bus Terminus-cum-Commercial Complex near Shivaji Stadium, New Delhi is a first of its kind in Delhi or NCR area in which transportation and commercial facilities are in a one roof. It will be a 2.5 to 3 crore earning per month revenue generating project. This project will be recovered their cost within 3 years. The project have 30,000 Sq. feet area. Double parking area will be provided in this complex.
2. Regaining the status, reputation and dignity of Navyug Schools is on agenda on priority to make the best future for the students from the New Delhi Area.
3. Separate Cells for improvement of school infrastructure is a prime concern of the NDMC Education Sector proposed for proper maintenance, providing required utility services without delay and optimizing using the school resources.
4. To improve the sports facilities in NDMC area, proposed an expert committee recommended the new initiative and ideas to upgrade and maximize utilization of existing stadia and playground facilities for making national or international future players, a road map has been proposed.
5. Procurement and distribution of 4000 Tablets to the students of Class 10 and 12 of all NDMC and NSES schools proposal has been approved with the Rupees 9 crore of its budget in the Council Meeting and later on tablets for 9th and 11th class students is in a proposal.
6. In view of the Corona-19 pandemic and tackle the other issues in the health sector in New Delhi area NDMC has approved framing/revision/amendment of Recruitment Rules of Allopathy, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Dental, Veterinary & Unani Cadres for bridge the gap of Medical and Paramedical Staff.
Explaining the Programmes/ Initiative on Water Supply and intensive inspections in the various colonies and NDMC institution, the NDMC Member Shri Girish Sachdeva said that:
1. Providing metered water connection to every resident of B.K. Dutt Colony in lieu of common connection has been passed in the Council Meeting after the efforts of newly nominated Council Members tirelessly inspection and several meetings of local residents.
2. The Council has also resolved recovery of connection charges in installments Rs.200/- per month. Council decided to waive one time connection charges of Rs. 7500.
3. Extension of scheme of free water supply upto 20 KL per month to residential societies etc in NDMC area has also been resolved in the Council Meeting.
4. Improvement of Water Supply System in NDMC area. Replacement of 300mm dia. C.I line with D.I pipe from Bharti Nagar water boosting station to Delhi High court including Kaka Nagar under sub-division-III (WS) has been resolved in the Council Meeting.