Let’s know about Asif Basra Biography, Wiki, Family, Age, Wife, Death Reason, Son, Daughter, Father, Mother, Movies and much more.
He was known for his theatrical performances from playing five different characters in Feroz Khan’s production of Mahatma v/s Gandhi, a play which is considered as one of the most successful plays in Indian theatre.
Faraaz Khan Biography, Family, Wife, Death Reason, Son, Daughter
He passed away on November 12, 2020.
Asif Basra Education
In 1989 Asif moved to Mumbai and continued to act in college productions, regularly winning prizes for the characters he played. He graduated as a B.Sc of Physics, completed a computer course, and got himself a job. But theatre continued to draw him and every month he would spend all his salary on watching plays.
In 1991, Asif went to see Salim Ghouse’s production of Athol Fugard’s play Boesman and Lena night after night for a week. Ghouse, well-known on the English stage, was intrigued and asked to meet him—a meeting that turned out to mark his entry into the Mumbai theatre scene. It was soon after this that Ghouse was staging a production of Shakespeare’s Hamlet when one of his actors quit, and he asked Asif to step into the role of Horatio.
For almost 20 years Asif has made acting his full-time profession and continues to star regularly in films, while still pursuing his love for theatre when his schedule allows. When he’s not working, Asif indulges in another of his passions, taking off on his Royal Enfield Bullet for biking adventures across India.
Asif Basra Career
From 1991 to 1996, while still working full time, Asif was performing regularly on stage, acting in English, Hindi, and Urdu productions. He started to attract considerable acclaim for his performances, including for the five characters he played in Feroz Khan’s Mahatma vs. Gandhi (English), and Main Bhi Superman (Hindi).
In 1996, Asif decided to quit his 9-to-5 job as opportunities started to open up on television. He started being regularly cast in Hindi movies, and later in Hollywood productions such as One Night With The King (2006), directed by Michael O. Sajbeland, and Outsourced (2007), directed by John Jeffcoat.
|Real Name||Asif Basra|
|Profession||Indian Film and Theater Actor|
|Famous Role||Shanawaz Qureshi in Black Friday (2004)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5 ’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||27 July 1967|
|Age (as in 2017)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Amravati, Maharastra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Amravati, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.Sc. (Physics)
A Computer Course
|Debut||English Film (Actor): Freaky Ali
Hindi Film (Actor): Black Friday (2004)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Films|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Asif Basra Theater Shows
– Merchant of Venice – Tony Patel Productions, Mumbai. (English)
– Oh No! Not Again – Clowns R Us Productions, all over India. (English)
– Mahatma V/s Gandhi – Feroz Khan Productions, in India, USA, UK, Dubai. (English)
– Tuglak – Masque Productions, in Mumbai and Kolkata (English)
– Kumbh Katha – T-Pot Production, Delhi and Mumbai (Hindi)
– Mumtaz Bhai Patangwale – Aranya Production, all over India. (Hindi)
– Main Bhi Superman – Grips Theatre Productions, all over India. (Hindi)
– Kumbh Katha – T-Pot Productions (Hindi)
– Mumtaz Bhai Patangwale – Aranya Productions (Hindi)
– A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Alap Productions, in Mumbai. (Hindi)
– Mera Kuch Saaman – Reactions Productions, in Mumbai (Hindi)
– Kiski Biwi Kiska Shauhar – performed by Munira Productions, in Mumbai. (Urdu)
– Do Quame – performed by Avishkar Productions, in Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune. (Urdu)
– C for Clown – performed by Cinematograph Players in India, Reunion Islands, Dubai. (Gibberish)
Interesting Unknown Facts about Asif Basra
- The famous theatre actor Asif Basra was born in a small town of Amravati in Maharashtra.
- In 1989, he moved to Mumbai to act in college productions.
- He completed his B.Sc. in Physics from Mumbai University and later joined a computer course.
- While doing a job in Mumbai, he would spend almost all his salary on watching plays.
- In 1991, he saw Salim Ghouse’s production of Athol Fugard’s play Boesman and Lena, night after night for a week. One day, Ghouse met him, and it marked his entry into the Mumbai theatre scene.
- Since his childhood, he has been ventured onto the stage.
- Basra belonged to a very humble family and never took any training in acting.
- Asif was passionate enough to take an active part in film festivals during his school and college days.
- Later, Ghouse also offered him the role of Horatio in his stage play of Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
- While still working full time, Asif performed regularly on stage, acting in Hindi, English, and Urdu plays.
- Soon, he earned critical acclaims for his performances including Feroz Khan’s Mahatma vs. Gandhi (English), and Main Bhi Superman (Hindi).
- In 1996, Basra resigned from his 9-5 job due to his flourishing career in the Indian Theatre.