Berlin, May 15, 2023: The seventh annual Global Solutions Summit kicks off today at 9.00 CEST. Organized by the Global Solutions Initiative (GSI), the theme this year is “Realigning Societies: Towards a sustainable, inclusive, and common future.” The two-day event brings together over 200 speakers and 1,000 on-site guests from around the world and takes place at the ESMT Berlin.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz will hold a keynote at 14.00 CEST. Other highlights include an opening address from GSI Founder and President Dennis J. Snower and a welcome from ESMT Berlin President Jörg Rocholl. The event takes a global view on today’s systemic crises and looks at urgently-needed global solutions.
The Global Solutions Summit is the world’s premier forum for transforming research into policy for the G7, G20 and beyond. It advances global economic, environmental, and social prosperity by connecting thought leaders and decisionmakers, visionaries and pragmatists from policy, academia, civil society, and the private sector. All sessions in the track “Solution Forum” will be available via livestream here: https://www.global-solutions-
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Oliver Hart, Nobel Laureate, Harvard University
- Chikwe Ihekweazu, Assistant Director-General Health Emergency Intelligence and Surveillance Systems, WHO
- Agnes Kalibata, President, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Steffi Lemke, German Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety, and Consumer Protection
- Robert Moritz, Global Chairman, PwC
- Izabella Teixeira, Co-Chair International Resource Panel, United Nations Environment Programme
- Ulrik Vestergaard Knudsen, Deputy Secretary General, OECD
Information on program, speakers and more here: https://www.global-solutions-