New Delhi: New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) in its Council Meeting held today has considered and approved the various Citizen and Employee centric proposals in the agenda items placed before it, it is informed by Vice Chairman – Shri Satish Upadhyay.
In Today’s Council meeting, all the Members of the Council passed a special vote of thanks for the acceptance of regularization of 4500 RMR employees and their gazette declaration. He also thanked the Hon’ble Prime Minister – Shri Narendra Modi and the Hon’ble Home Minister – Shri Amit Shah from the bottom of his heart for this regularization work.
This special vote of thanks was moved by Shri Upadhyay and supported by all other Members of the Council.
The following civic and employee-oriented initiatives were approved in the meeting:-
- Security Services Arrangements at various NDMC Premises under Group D (for Navyug Schools, Sewerage Centre & Autoworkshop) & E (for Atal Aadarsh School only)
As per the approved study report of all the NDMC buildings, premises, schools, gardens & parks have been divided into 05 groups (A, B, C, D) & (E only for NDMC Schools).
It is resolved by the Council that Keeping in view the urgency of the matter, as the extension of existing agency is till 28 February 2023 the Department may proceed with taking all necessary steps based on the decision taken today in the Council for this Agenda Item without waiting for approval of Minutes of today’s meeting and confirmation of the Minutes by the Council.
- NDMC Policy regarding the installation of communication towers by Cellular and Basic Telecom Operators on Rooftop/ Ground Base within the premises and in the area under the jurisdiction of the NDMC.
NDMC council resolution dated 08.08.2002 approved the guidelines to grant the permission for installation of dish antennas/communication towers on roof tops/terrace only for NDMC buildings.
And once again revised guidelines were finalized and same were enforced from 01.10.2014.
NDMC is making substantial investment for improving the infrastructure and the cost of various services provided by the NDMC has increased manifold, it is now required to revise the rates of permission charges, license fees in addition to other modifications in the existing guidelines. Council approves to circulate NDMC Draft Cellular Tower Policy for inviting public comments including various cellular operators and infrastructure providers.
- Engagement of consultant for management of NDMC surplus/deficit power through sale/purchase at Energy Exchange.
NDMC is a DISCOM under the Electricity Act -2003 and one of the main functions is to manage allocated Power Supply in best possible manner to take commercial and technical advantage in dynamic energy market. Sale of short-term surplus power is also one of the requirements under the provision of the guidelines given by DERC. The management of bulk power supply is a complex procedure and requires specialize skills of Power Trading utility.
The Council approved to appoint M/S NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd. as Consultant for one year for management of NDMC surplus/deficit power through sale/purchase at Energy Exchange and to place the LOI on M/S NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd. for one year for management of NDMC surplus/deficit power through sale/purchase at Energy Exchange in anticipation of confirmation ofMoM as existing agreement with M/s PTC India Ltd. is expiring of16.03.2023
- Policy for allotment and usage of municipal spaces by Government bodies.
The Council approved the renewal the policy to make any new allotments to government bodies, as per Section 141 of the NDMC Act 1994 Chairperson may with the sanction of the Council lease, sell, let out hire or otherwise transfer any immovable property belonging to the Council.
- The Council approves the continuation/revival of 42 posts of Assistant Engineer (Elect.) under departmental quota in Electric Engineering Department from the date of previous year regarding revival issued on dated 02.03.2020 to enable the Personnel Department for filling up the said post on promotion from Junior Engineer (Electric) basis.
- The Council approved the continuation / revival of second posts of Director (Horticulture) in the Horticulture Department of NDMC to enable the Personnel Department for filling up the said post on regular basis from eligible candidates from the feeder cadre.