About Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi is the current Prime Minister of India. He represents Varanasi constituency in the Lok Sabha. He is the most prominent leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is considered a master strategist for his party. He has been the Chief Minister of Gujarat for four consecutive terms.
Modi is the first Prime Minister of India who was born in ‘Independent India’, that is, post-August 15, 1947. He is also the first Indian prime minister whose mother was alive when he took office. He holds the record of winning a Lok Sabha seat by the highest margin (about 5.70 lakhs; Vadodara). He is an Indian politician serving as the 14th and current Prime Minister of India since 2014.
Personal details and educations of Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi was born on 17 September 1950 to a Gujarati Hindu family of grocers in Vadnagar, Mehsana district, Bombay state.
In 1967, he had completed his higher secondary education in Vadnagar.
In 1978 Modi received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from School of Open Learning at University of Delhi, graduating with a third class. Five years later, in 1983, he received a Master of Arts degree in political science from Gujarat University, graduating with a first class as an external distance learning student.
About the family of Narendra Modi
Spouse Name- Smt. Jashodaben
Mother’s Name- Smt. Heeraben
Father’s Name- Damodardas Mulchand
ModiSiblings- Soma Modi, Pankaj Modi, Prahlad Modi, Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
Damodardas Mulchand Modi and Heeraben Modi had six children among which Narendra Modi was the third eldest. Modi maintains a close relationship with his mother, Heeraben.
One of his brothers, Somabhai, is a retired health officer who now runs an old age home in the city of Ahmedabad. Another of his brothers Prahlad, an activist on behalf of fair-price shop owners, has his own fair-price shop in Ahmedabad. His third brother Pankaj is employed with the Information Department in Gandhinagar.
In accordance with Ghanchi tradition, Modi’s marriage was arranged by his parents when he was a child. He was engaged at age 13 to Jashodaben, marrying her when he was 18. They spent little time together and grew apart when Modi began two years of travel, including visits to Hindu ashrams
Background and early life of Narendra Modi
In his childhood days, he had faced several difficulties and obstacles, but he took all the challenges positively and transformed them into opportunities by courage and strength.
Modi helped his father sell tea as a child and has said he later ran his own stall. He was introduced to the RSS at the age of eight, beginning a long association with the organisation.
In 1987, he joined the BJP and a year later he was made the general secretary of the Gujarat branch of the party.
In 1995, he was recognised as a key strategist for being instrumental in successfully campaigning for the party.
In 1995, he was appointed as the Secretary of the BJP’s national unit.
In 1988, he became the General Secretary and holds the position till 2001.
In October, 2001, he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat when his predecessor Keshubhai Patel resigned from the post due to health reason and also BJP lost few state assembly seats in by-elections. He took the oath on 7 October, 2001 as CM of Gujarat.
Then, Narendra Modi contested 2014 Lok Sabha elections for the first time.
Books written by Narendra Modi
– Exam Warriors in English and Hindi
– A journey: Poems by Narendra Modi
– Jyotipunj in English and Hindi
– Social Harmony
– Samajik Samrasta
– Nayanam Idam Dhanayam: Poems By Narendra Modi (Sanskrit). Author Narendra Modi and Rajalakshmi Srinivasan.
– Sakshi Bhaav
– Abode of Love
– Cintanaik Kalanjiyam: Poems By Narendra Modi (Tamil) by Narendra Modi and Rajalakshmi Srinivasan
– Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas – Marathi by Narendra Modi, Ajay Koutikwar
– The Great Himalayan Climb: Story of the 1965 Indian Expedition’s Record-Breaking Triumph of Everest by Narendra Modi and Capt. M.S. Kohli
– From Crippling Emotions to Can-Do Attitude!: Counter Negativity and Create Energy in Five Smart Steps by Narendra Modi and Jayapriya
– Convenient Action: Gujarat’s Response To Challenges Of Climate Change
– Nayan He Dhanya Re ! by Narendra Modi and Jayashree Joshi
– Convenient Action-Continuity For Change
– Aapaatkaal Mein Gujarat
– Ek Soch Dharm Ki by Jagdish Upasane and Narendra Modi
– The 37th Singapore Lecture: India’s Singapore Story (The Singapore Lecture Series)
– Janiye Mere Bare Me (Hindi Edition)
– Great Is The Eye by Narendra Modi Trans: Dr. Ram Sharma
– Education Is Empowerment
– Aankh Ye Dhanya Hai by Narendra Modi Trans : Dr. Anjana Sandhir
– Kalviye Mahasakthi
– Divine India
– Shikshanave Sabalikarana
– Dr. Hedgewar Ji Ki Jivanjali (Hindi Edition)
– Samajik Samrasata (Marathi) etc…
Some Quotes written by Narendra Modi
1. “Hard work never brings fatigue. It brings satisfaction.”
2.“Once we decide we have to do something, we can go miles ahead.”
3. “Hard work never brings fatigue. It brings satisfaction.”
4. ” We are not here for any positions but but for a responsibility.”
Narendra Modi no doubt is an inspiration to the youth and also to all the people of the country. After so many hardships today, he is a successful politician and PM of India.