Let’s know about Mahashay Dharampal Gulati MDH Owner Biography, Age, education, parents, wiki, date of birth, family, wife, son, daughter, marriage pics, Net Worth, Marriage, career, Father, Mother, Advertisements, and much more.
Mahashay Dharampal Gulati Biography or Wiki
Gulati was born in a Punjabi family on 27 March 1923 at Sialkot in Pakistan. He spent his childhood in Pakistan and attended a Primary School there. He was not interested in the study and dropped out of his school in 5th standards. His father ran a spice shop in Pakistan.
Gulati was undergoing treatment at a hospital in Delhi for the last three weeks. He suffered a cardiac arrest on Thursday morning of 26th November 2020. He breathed his last breath at 5:21 AM on 3rd December 2020.
When he was 18 years old, he was married to Lilawati in the year1941, but in 1992, she later died.
Mahashay Dharampal Gulati marriage pics
Dharampal Gulati father name is Mahashay Chunni Lal Gulati and his mother name is Mata Chanan Devi and he was born in North-East Punjab, Pakistan. Gulati has two brothers namely Mahashay Satpal Gulati and Dharamveer Gulati are also businessmen and five sisters. Mahashay Dharampal Gulati has only one son whose name is Sanjeev.
In starting, Gulati opened a spice shop in Karol Bagh, Delhi. In 1953, he rented a second shop in Chandni Chowk. In 1959, Gulati purchased a land in Kirti Nagar so as to set up the manufacturing unit of Mahashian Di Hatti which is currently known as MDH masale.
He learned woodwork for 8 months but did not enjoy it much. Apart from this, he also worked in a Soap Factory, a Rice Factory, and a Fabric Factory but nothing ever fascinated him.
After taking his chance at working like a ‘Tangewala’, he later decided to open up his ancestral business in Delhi. This decision for him came in 1948 when he sold off his carriage on 10 October 1948.
In 1954, he founded ‘Roopak Stores’ in Karol Bagh and later handed it over to his younger brother, Satpal Gulati.
By 1960, MDH became a famous shop in Karol Bagh and extended to Punjab and other small parts of Delhi.
Mahashay Dharampal Gulati Biography / Wiki
|Real Name||Mahashay Dharam Pal Gulati|
|Nickname||Dadaji, Masala Chacha and Mahashayji|
|Date of Birth||27 March 1923|
|Birthplace||Sialkot, North-East Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Educational Qualification||4th Standard (School Dropout)|
|Religion||Hinduism (Arya Samaj)|
|Age||97 years old|
|Awards & Accolades||2016– ‘Indian of the Year’ at the ABCI Annual Awards
2017– Excellence Award for Lifetime Achievement
2017– Highest paid CEO in FMCG sector (₹21 crore/year).
|Marriage Date||Year– 1941|
|Kids||Mahashay Dharampal Gulati Son name is Sanjeev Gulati
|Parents||Father– Mahashay Chunni Lal Gulati (Founder of MDH)
Mother– Mata Chanan Devi
|Siblings||Brother(s)– Satpal Gulati (Younger, Businessman), Dharamveer Gulati
|Salary (approx.)||₹21 crore/year (as in 2017)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹500 crore (as in 2014) |
- Gulati donates nearly 90% of his salary to charity under the banner of the Mahashay Chunni Lal Charitable Trust. The Trust operates a 250-bed hospital in Delhi.
- His family migrated to India during the partition of India.
- He was never interested in studies and left his schooling at the age of 10 (when he was in the 5th standard); as he was rather interested in assisting his father at his shop.
- MDH under the leadership of Mahashay Dharam Pal has developed more than 20 schools including MDH International School, Mahashay Chunnilal Saraswati Shishu Mandir (named after his father), Mata Lilawati Kanya Vidyalaya (named after his late wife), and Mahashay Dharampal Vidya Mandir etc.
- He started a 10-bed eye hospital at Arya Samaj, Subhash Nagar, in November 1975.
- At the age of 94, Dharam Pal was the highest-paid FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) CEO in India in 2017.
- He was admitted to school at the age of five but did not mind school. As soon as it came to studies, some people started looking for excuses. Somehow read till fifth. Then his father set up his spice shop for work.
- MDH supplies to the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, etc.
- He used to wake up at 4:45 am. He used to drink copper glass water along with some honey. Arriving in the park at 5.25 pm, take a walk, exercise, posture, pranayama. Once again park in the evening, followed by light food and in bed at 10:30. He said, if you want to stay young, take care of three things. Shave daily. Once add milk to the milk, drink it, and if possible massage the almond oil.
- He used to work as a ‘Tangewala’ during his days of struggle. When he moved to Delhi, his father gave him some money. Out of that money, he purchased a Tanga (a horse-drawn carriage) and used to take passengers from Connaught Place to Karol Bagh.