Powai lake overflow today: Powai Lake, one of the most important artificial lakes in the BMC area, started overflowing on Sunday, 05.07.2020 at around 6 am. Mumbai water level is increasing by this. Mumbai rains and weather is overflowing the Powai lake. Mumbai monsoon period is there. Know about Powai lake distance and area.
Powai lake overflow today news
Mumbai rains today: The water of this lake with a storage capacity of 545 crore liters is mainly used for industrial purposes as it is not fit for human consumption. Rain in Mumbai is the common thing you can see. Hiranandani hospital is near to Powai lake. Due to this temperature in Mumbai is decreasing.
— Pradeep G Anpat (@PradeepGAnpat1) August 3, 2019
Mumbai monsoon and Mumbai weather: Due to the rains in the catchment area of the lake in the last three days, the lake has started overflowing, said the water engineer department of the corporation. Mumbai monsoon is quite famous in India.
Important information about Powai Lake is summarized as follows:
Powai lake distance
– This lake is at a distance of about 27 kilometers (about 17 miles) from the BMC headquarters.
– The construction of this artificial lake was completed in the year 1890.
– The cost for the construction of this lake was around Rs. 12.59 lakhs.
Powai lake area
– The catchment area of this lake is about 6.61 square kilometers and if the lake is full then the water area is about 2.23 square kilometers.
Mumbai water level
– The full filling level of this lake is 195 feet.
– When the lake is full, the lake holds 545.5 crore liters of water. (5,455 million liters)
– After the lake is full and flowing, the water of this lake goes to Mithi river.